Thursday, January 21, 2016


The popular question these days is, "So when is Landon coming home?"

The short answer is "not yet". 

The long answer: The respirator coming out was a huge leap towards autonomy but he still has to learn to take a bottle on his own and prove he can gain weight before they will entertain the idea of taking his feeding tube out. Him and I have also been working on breastfeeding twice a day which has been an easier transition than I was expecting. I'm a newbie to the NICU so I don't really know how long each of those steps are so we just keep plugging along. 

Basically, your guess is as good as ours. 

In the meantime Josh and I are trying to provide Emerson with a little bit of normalcy and routine. She's had quite a few weeks too. 



Thanks for praying and for wondering and for thinking of us. Big hugs to you!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blogging JJ. I'm glad all is well. :) Girls send their love and so do I. YouYou have inspried me to blog..which I have postponed and questioned for so long.. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete