Monday, January 4, 2016

Snapshots of the Last Two

In the past few weeks I've had so many posts come, and then go, in my head. Their relevance fading as quickly as my memory these days. Baby brain is a real thing. Yesterday I was talking to our assistant pastor and I called his wife Vanessa. Her name is Valerie. -_- Mercy.

Today I had our 34 week check up. Everything seemed to point towards a healthy baby (yay!) with a big head (oh my!). Not surprising since we were told that with Emerson, and also with my side's history of big heads it was bound to be. Whoops, sorry kids! :p

This time around I'm carrying much more out than I did with Emerson. The first question I get from people is the due date. The second question once they realize it isn't until the beginning of February is if I'm having twins. I know all the well intentions, but honestly it just makes me want to hibernate until the baby is born. I think I'm more affected by all those comments because I look in the mirror and ask myself the same thing all the while hoping no one else has noticed.

In the same breath, I'm so thankful to even be at this point. Truly I am. Right underneath my short term discomfort and ire is a wave of gratitude to my God for allowing my body to do this tiny human thing.

A few memorable moments for us these last two weeks.

Christmas at my parents


two sets of great grandparents!


Hosting Family Christmas for the first time
 


Emerson's first time experiencing falling snow



Josh went back to work today so our normal routine has begun, except for the whole new baby coming thing. Paint has been ordered. Drapes and diapers are headed our way. Newborn clothes are being washed. Meals are being prepped and frozen. You name it. It is happening over here.

Wonderful January to you friends.

Hoping this year brings us all closer to Jesus.And hoping each of us sees Him in a new and amazing way.

No comments:

Post a Comment