Monday, January 25, 2016

The Waiting Game


Landon is free from his feeding tube! 

Josh and I were so excited when we walked in this morning and saw him. But before we take him home, Landon has to prove that he can gain weight on his own. Until now he has been fed every three hours like clockwork. Now he'll eat whenever he shows signs of being hungry.  His next weigh-in is tonight. Prayers up! 

While we wait on that he will be prepped to come home. We took a refresher CPR class, he'll get his Hep B vaccine, they'll do a car seat test (they monitor his vitals while he sits in a car seat for 90 minutes), and lastly, he'll be circumcised. 

Rather than be excited, I found myself filled with anxiety today. I'm afraid to get my hopes up and then be disappointed, and I worry about our next steps. And we are all weary from the stress and the grind of 2x daily hospital visits, taking care of E, and for me, pumping and healing. 

But I am happy that we are free to even think those thoughts and feel those feels. That wouldn't be the case if our son wasn't doing as well. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I think I have it figured out how to comment! :)

    -auntie becky

    ReplyDelete