Friday, May 11, 2018

A Mother's Day Heart to Heart


"Do you know the history behind Mother's Day? It was started by an unmarried woman without any children. Her name was Anna Jarvis. She was a girl whose mother had passed away. And if anyone knows what it was like to be a grieving mama it was her mother. With only four of her thirteen children surviving to adulthood, this day was created to honor the relationship between a mother and her children. A day, started by Anna, a woman who had neither a mother nor children to even celebrate. 

So I get it, this day can bring up so many different things for different woman. For some, we wake up to breakfast in bed, homemade cards, and appreciation overflowing in our hearts. For others, we withstand the gut wrenching pain of not knowing whether to participate as the preacher asks for all the mamas in the room to stand up and be honored. It's as if this day and I have made peace as I embrace its beauty and history, all the while, trying my hardest to push out the lies of the enemy that want to steal away my identity from it. 

As we enter this weekend, my biggest prayer for you, my friends, is that you will embrace your identity as a child of God. Death cannot steal that away from you. Because Jesus defeated death! So if you find your hope in Him, your identity and worth are not wrapped up in a holiday, an empty crib, or an empty womb. Rather, your identity is wrapped up in the glorious redemption that comes from the cross and the empty tomb. And that is even more worthy of celebration. 

This is my third Mother's Day to be expectant, yet still waiting. So I understand, it can be excruciating. You will always be painfully aware of the gap between what should have been and what is. But don't lose sight of who you are and that he is making all things new. God has the final word, and friend, He's not done yet!" -jamielynndorr

-----

In our third year of marriage I had a miscarriage. We were heartbroken. I can remember the both of us crying in bed together, not knowing if we would ever be able to have children. And because it happened around Easter, Mother's day came and went. It was a hard day. 

If you are broken hearted this Mother's Day, I'm reaching out to you. God's arms are the only source of comfort. Give in and let him heal your broken heart. 

From my heart to yours, all my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment