Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Lately I've been on a kick to limit the amount of time the kids see me on my phone. I do think it makes me less present and less engaged and that comes with a lot of things. Also, I don't want them seeing me on the phone all the time. Landon especially, is crazy about that phone. But why wouldn't he be when his dad and mom are on it all the time? So unless it's to take pictures or to follow a recipe I've been making a concerted effort to not have it on.


I started using an app called Moments which tracks how much time I'm on the phone and which apps I'm spending the most time in. The first few days were eye opening - 4 1/2 hours, in one day! And over half of that on Instagram. And what do I have to show for it? Inspiration? So I've cut back on scrolling and I won't open it when the kids are around. I also deleted Facebook from my phone. I was even contemplating getting a land line in the new house so I wouldn't need to text. 

I'm not going all extreme about it. One thing Josh has taught me is the value of moderation in all things. But hopefully, some minor changes will be one more way I can be a better mom. 



1 comment:

  1. OMG - yaasss...can we just go back to landlines?!? That would be the life...:) Love you.

    ReplyDelete