Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Adjustments

When you begin dating you notice all the similarities and disparities. Like, who takes the longest to order from a menu or which one walks faster. After 5 years you'd think you know one another's idiosyncrasies. Apparently once you get married you discover a few more. What!? :)

1. Laundry. Who knew that the whole universe did not separate their laundry into delicate whites, delicate darks, and heavy darks? Who knew. 

2. Sharing a bed. I've always been a bit of a high maintenance sleeper. I need it very quiet and I like it dark. It takes me a while to stop my mind from spinning about whatever's up there so I lay quietly on my back, very still, until I'm able to fall asleep. Josh is a stress free sleeper. That guy can close his eyes to all noise, lights, and movement, and be OUT in two seconds! Jealous. 

3. Bathroom Time. We've realized that we both need the bathroom for an extended time in the morning.  On our honeymoon we had dual sinks. Nice, no problem. Back to reality we have one. Putting on my mac eyeliner in the morning takes me WAY too long, I know it and now he knows it. That dang brush! :/ Must. Work. On. Makeup. Application. Speed. I'll time myself tomorrow.

4. Eat with the tv on, eat with the tv off?

5. Gas. How do you pass gas when he's there all the time?!?! So many stomach aches...

All these things are silly really. We're both enjoying this new stage of life. He likes to come home to someone and I like being a wife. I'm not sure how I ended up with someone so considerate. This morning we did a devotional before he left for work. Being able to do things like that is awesome.

Being married is like getting access to a private club. All of a sudden you start hearing these secrets. What's hard and frustrating. What other people have to work on. It's eye-opening and helpful. I like to be prepared for what may come. But for now, as we figure out how to share the bathroom sink, I am grateful. It's fun figuring it out. And besides, it means I'm with Josh and he's with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment