Friday, June 24, 2011

There's No Place Like Home, There's No Place Like Home

Back in LA for a few more days - where traffic is denser, people are ruder, and the air is dirtier. Ah, there's no place like home. =) We had some wedding stuff to check off A's list and our travels took us downtown. We had heard about this awesome bakery/restaurant so we decided to stop in. Bottega Louie. Have you ever been?
The place is beautiful. Reminds me of New York and what I think cafe's in Europe would be like. Plus, it's filled to the brim with mini delectables like these.
But what they are really known for are macaroons. Supposably so good they rival the OG's in Italy. I've actually never had one before. I didn't know what I was missing.
 We tried 4 - Sea Salt Caramel, Espresso, Dark Chocolate Raspberry, and Pistachio. This is the Sea Salt Caramel that was worth every bit of its $1.75 self! Can you see the caramel? YUM!
It's good to be home but I miss Josh. Odd this shift that happens after you put a ring on it. I don't feel right being here without him. Our routine has been disrupted. He's flying in tonight for the weekend and I can't wait. He doesn't know it yet but I threw all caution to the wind, said "what the hey!" and blew our budget to bring him one of these macaroon thingys. =) That's right, I'll drop almost $2.00 on a cookie the size of my thumb for my man. Isn't he lucky?

2 comments:

  1. I love how the macaroons are all cut up. I'm assuming to share? I would do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, we all wanted a piece of each one. =) Have you tried them, or I should say, have you made them before? :p

    ReplyDelete