Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Negative Ghostrider the Pattern is Full

I'll admit I was getting a little cocky about the wifey gig. Waking up, preparing lunches, ironing shirts, groceries. You know, the whole bit. Nothing like an epic failure to put you back where you belong.

Doesn't this look delicious? I thought so too. 
Excited to put on an excellent meal for our first dinner + guest. 
 I found an awesome Korean marinade that we put together the night before so it would be good and tasty. Josh came home and we set up our new mini bbq. Threw together some delicious sides...and BAM! Thinking this whole wife bit is so much easier than people make it out to be!
At the table, Aimee took a bite and scrunched her face and said, "Odd, tastes salty". Then Josh tried it and said, "This IS really salty" I nervously hoped it was just their chicken. Maybe they got a salty bird? Then I tried it. To say the chicken was merely salty is a gross understatement. It was more like the chicken had been fed salt its whole life, killed and dredged in the stuff, and then cured in it to finish it off! If you hadn't already guessed, I apparently mistook the salt for the sugar. A whole whopping cup of it. :/  To top it off I cooked tons of extra for Josh's lunch the next day and dinner tomorrow night. Frick!

Good thing I have such an awesome husband. Here he is thinking he's all hilarious telling me that they are OBVIOUSLY different because when you shake the containers they feel different. Obviously JJ, obviously. 
Lucky for me he was ultra cool and forgiving about it. Even though he's going to bed hungry tonight, he's still a happy camper.

Please pray for me. The ULTIMATE guests are coming for dinner on Thursday night - Josh's grandparents! To say my confidence waned is a fair assessment. Oh Lord, please forgive me for my premature pride. I learned my lesson. I definitely DON'T need another one. ESPECIALLY this Thursday! Please Jesus!

I'm not sure God cares too much for my selfish request. Eh, what does it hurt to ask!??

No comments:

Post a Comment