Monday, January 30, 2012

A Hearty Welcome, Sir.

Before we go any further today, I have to introduce you to someone. As Melissa mentioned, we made some purchases in Williams Sonoma last week. Actually, I was returning some late wedding gifts. We were just perusing the goodies when lo and behold Melissa stumbled upon a Staub five quart dutch oven on the sale table. Only on sale because it was a floor model. I've been wanting one of these babies but since it wasn't purchased off our registry I just assumed it wasn't in our cards. Dutch ovens are amazing and expensive to boot so I couldn't believe our luck! With the sale price it was just about the same price as my newly acquired merchandise credit so I couldn't pass it up.
Isn't he a beauty? I've been thinking of an appropriate name for our new addition and this morning it dawned on me, Mr. Darcy.

"...Mr. Darcy soon drew the attention of the room by his fine, tall person, handsome features, noble mien, and the report which was in general circulation within five minutes after his entrance, of his having ten thousand a-year. The gentleman pronounced him to be a a fine figure of a man, the ladies declared he was much handsomer than Mr. Bingley, and he was looked at with great admiration for about half the evening, till his manners gave a disgust which turned the tide of his popularity; for he was discovered to be proud, to be above, his company, and above being pleased; and not all his large estate in Derbyshire could then save him from having a most forbidding disagreeable countenance..." -Pride and Prejudice

Of course, Mr. Darcy is later found to be above reproach. And just so with our Mr. Darcy, dark and brooding, wealthy, unwavering, and yet trustworthy; from a different social class than Bessie  (who is more of the hardworking farmhouse wife variety) but both of merit in my eyes. Welcome Sir, please make yourself at home. Let the pot roast begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment