Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Spiritual Exercise

This past weekend I was up and walking around and sitting from time to time. It was nice to do normal things. We got to see Sheldon (Josh's best friend) and Kristin and celebrate their engagement. We celebrated Josh and Luke's (bil) birthdays. Josh even took me to see Leah so I could check her pulse and blood pressure as she prepares for her wedding this Saturday.

After all that moving around I realized that while my back is strengthening, my legs and feet have weakened. So in preparation for Saturday Josh is having me walk more and more each day and doing some mild stretches.

Interesting how I didn't even consider the welfare of the rest of my body. I was so focused on my back that the rest of me grew weak. God has designed our bodies to need to be worked out, moved, and stretched - just as he designed our minds and hearts as well. And how he designed our faith and Christian walk.

Like my prayer life. Before my Christmas wall, praying was not in my everyday repertoire. It was a mealtime ritual and bedtime routine. But once I began to pray for the families on my wall, it became a routine. Now I'm constantly saying short prayers for people who come to mind throughout the day.

As I walked today I was reminded the most important exercise needed is my relationship with Jesus.

My morning text from Leah:
"Come to Me with all your needs, knowing that My glorious riches are more-than-adequate supply. Stay in continual communication with Me, so that you can live above your circumstances even while you are in the midst of them. Present your requests to me with thanksgiving, and My peace, which surpasses all comprehension will guard your heart and mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment