Wednesday, January 11, 2012

All In A Days Walk

This past month we have received a handful of newsletters from friends, family, and acquaintances. How other people live their lives is intriguing to me. It seemed there were a lot of deaths in 2011 and a lot of joys as well. I saw a vast divide between those who know Christ and those who don't. I can't explain the difference really, but there is a unmistakable divide. A lack of peace and depth of joy maybe? A hope for something that is fleeting? I don't know exactly but there was a difference. 

It has been a rough week for me. I realized how down in the dumps I was feeling when I accidently let it all out to Shin (again, sorry about that friend). My back hasn't healed quite as quickly as I'd like. This past weekend I was confined to the apartment because our elevator broke. I  can sit for a short period of time but for the most part have been lying down. It's hard to be stuck so I've been lonely.

The elevator is working again so I went for a walk today. I text Josh that I was headed out and I think I gave him the worries - "Where are you going?" "Do you have your back brace?" "Make sure you take your phone."  I reassured him and went on my way. The beauty of the day did much to refresh my spirits. Isn't this beautiful?
People were out. Kids were playing. Some exercising. It was wonderful. I was reminded that my life newsletter is filled with hope since I hold Jesus in my heart. My mom called and reminded me that this is temporary. Some people are not so fortunate. She is right, of course. "Behold the Lamb of God!"

No comments:

Post a Comment