Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Handwritten Note

I love a handwritten note. It takes longer to produce and deliver. Growing up, every Christmas I would dread having to write thank you's. Somewhere along the road I experienced a mental shift. Now I love writing thank you's and cards. I always try to be sincere and personal because I anticipate the person opening it and reading it and hopefully having a bright moment in their day. That is what happens to me when I am the recipient. And that is why I save so many cards. I have two cards from 2011 that I cherish the most: the one on my bedside table from my husband and the birthday card I received back in October from my new family. Do you save special cards like I do?

P.S. My dream would be to make my own cards and sell them. If I'm being honest, that dream also has a tiny store that does personalized letterpress and custom stationary. Maybe one day..

No comments:

Post a Comment