Monday, January 16, 2012

Golden Globes

Love awards season - admittedly more for the beautiful dresses than for the shows themselves. Overall, I was disappointed in the Globes dresses this year. I thought many of the dresses were ill-fitting (Reese WitherspoonNatalie Portman) and some who normally rock the red carpet, didn't (Mila KunisNicole Kidman).  But of course, I had my favorites. Three actually..

 Sofia Vergara in Vera Wang. She killed that dress. 
Stacy Keibler. Every time I see a picture of her she looks huge next to George Clooney and I can't help but cringe a bit. Here she looks amazing. The simplicity of the dress and the cut are quite flattering.  Plus, I love that she didn't do the pull back poof she often gravitates towards. Well done Keibler. 
"It girl" Rooney Mara in Nina Ricci. I was hoping she would wear something that stayed true to who she is - and she didn't disappoint. A bit mod, some glam, and dark. Nailed it.
I know everyone thought Angelina looked great, "top 5" or whatever. But as soon as I saw her I could only think of one thing - Cruella Deville. So she wins for scariest. (Although there were a lot of contenders in this field, Madonna, Lea MicheleDianna Agron).
I didn't even watch the show. :/ haha. And I can't promise I'll watch all of the Oscars either. But I can promise I'll be at the red carpet. =) See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment