Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Christmas Card Contest

Here's our wall of Christmas cards. Every time I glance over I pray for the first one I see. Since we live in a one bedroom I find myself praying for people all the time!
And these, the carefully handwritten ones.

I secretly had a little cheeky contest going in my head. The results:
Most Creative: Linda, Erik, Grant and Faith for their "ornament" (top left)
Made Me Chuckle: Derek and Rianna (1st column, 4th down)
Most Touching: Tie - Kiku (2nd photo, card with "Peace") and Grandpa Mike and Grandma Kathy for the words in their card (not shown because it's in my journal). 
Best Use of Coordinating Colors: Jason, Dawn, Grace, and Luke (5th column, 5th down)
Most Surprisingbaby Ella Brooks in all her tutu glam glory (4th column, 2nd down)
Best in Show: Mifumi, Nozomu, and Leigha's homemade wonder (center)
Most Interesting Newsletter: Roy and Bonnie - what a life they lead!

In truth, they were all wonderful and special. I felt privileged that we made so many "Christmas Card" mailing lists. I'm inspired. Guess I'll have to up my game for next year. :p Any suggestions?

3 comments: