Monday, January 27, 2014

Grammy's

I like to watch the Grammy's because there's always one performance that wow's me and it is never someone I'd expect.

Also, this year there were some surprisingly classy red carpet arrivals. Who would have thunk?


The first performance that wow'ed me:



Her voice is so unique and so pure and she's just weird enough. She also has a very sustainable voice. The kind that can eventually do music for movies or commercials once she tires of the fame.

And the second performance that wow'ed me:



I rarely enjoy rap/band collaborations because they are too choppy but these two were able to blend their talents pretty seamlessly. Plus the sheer build up of power was impressive. It was also highly choreographed - usually white groups just get up there and play but these guys timed their drums, their simultaneous head banging, and worked well with Kendrick. It was well produced, integrated, and performed. I have to give them credit for such an unexpected 5:35.

It was fun to sit with the family and critique the performances and outfits over Chinese food. Felt like nothing has changed, like I was 25 again and Josh and I were just dating. :)

And some dancing celebrity gif's from the Grammy's if anyone needs some last amusement.

Back to the real world. Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment