Monday, January 20, 2014

The 30 Week Pregnancy Checklist

16 weeks ago the concept of reaching 30 weeks seemed like a long way off and yet here we are. Every week that passes we thank the Lord she is still growing and seemingly healthy. We keep telling her to stay in there and enjoy it as long as possible.

Things we have done:

  • Finished our registry
  • Set up most of our nursery furniture
  • Interviewed pediatricians
  • Scheduled remaining baby classes
  • Read books on parenting

Things we still have to do:

  • Pick a name
  • Pick a pediatrician
  • Decide on Cord Blood Banking (anyone have thoughts on this?)
  • Install the carseat
  • Become experts on Infant CPR 
  • Finish the nursery

It's an odd time because although I am looking forward to not being pregnant, I'm also not sure I'm prepared to be a mom. I struggle with feelings of inadequacy and have a healthy concern how I will handle all the unknowns. Do I have what it takes?

I mentioned this off hand at the shower and my Auntie Ruth so poignantly responded that is why we have God. Who has everything they need to be the perfect person, mother, friend, spouse, daughter, son? No one. And isn't that the whole point? In our failings, God's perfection shines through, his grace is sufficient, and his love covers a multitude of imperfections.

As we begin these last 10 weeks, this is what I cling to.

Hope you had a wonderful MLK weekend. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment