Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Great Meat Escapades

One of the issues that I had to deal with during that two week stretch of pregnancy concerns was a low iron count. If you recall, the whole 'take an iron pill' thing turned out to be a disaster so my doc said just to add red meat to my diet.

This would be inconsequential to most people but I rarely eat red meat and if I do, it's usually just to taste what Josh is eating. It's not like I have something against red meat, it's just I feel fat and heavy afterwards so I generally steer clear.

But doctors orders are doctors orders.

Since then I've had my mil's meat stew (which I can only say, "hello flavor!") and some steak salads. But last week something strange came over me, like my body realized what it was getting and screamed for more. Josh and I were heading home and I heard myself say, "let's get a burger". He was game, of course, so we went to Hamburger Habit and I just got what he normally orders and found myself looking into a double cheeseburger...with chili fries!

Here's my proof for those of you that don't follow me on Instagram.


 As you meat eaters would assume, it was delicious and I devoured the whole thing. 

Since then I've really gone off the deep end. This past weekend I ordered the Steak BLT from Mendocino Farms (wowza) and last night I cooked Pioneer Woman's Pan Fried Rib Eye Steak.


Who am I?!?

As if my body is telling me this is how life really should be, when I went to weight myself at my doctor's appointment this morning I hadn't gained a pound since my last appointment, even though The Little had gotten bigger.

Maybe this whole thing is meant to be... who knows! But in the meantime, The Great Meat Escapades continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment