Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The 3rd Annual Christmas Card Contest

Without further ado, here are my favorite Christmas Cards of 2013.

#5 "Happy Holidays" from Jeff, Carrie and Kyrie - the colors matched so well and the picture was so darn cute (and professional). Plus their faces are ah-door-a-ble. If I was doing categories, I'd use Best All Around.

#4 "Wishing You A Merry Christmas" by Eric, Anita, and Maddie - Modern, simple, and obvi baby's first Christmas. I'm sure the entire year was about that beautiful little girl and that translated in their card. Perfection.


#3 "O Holy Night" from Christine - Girl nailed it. The script is a reflection of her personal style and as a bonus the envelope was addressed in her beautiful writing and the whole shebang was closed with some washi tape. Artfully presented and executed. I also loved that she sent one as a single person. Quite a standout - her and the card.

#2 ""O Come Let Us Adore Him" Chris, Joan, and Justin - I loved the way the colors from the photo seamlessly bled into the text. The words themselves and the white polka dots also stuck out to me. Plus I love that the photo was styled for a Christmas card. Beautiful. Joan made an effort to support handmade artisans and found this delight on Etsy.

#1 And my all time favorite of the season (I gasped when I opened it) goes to "Merry Christmas" by Nozomu, Mifumi, Leigha, and Eli - It's handmade but looks like it was professionally done. The hand tied bow, the double layer with raised dots, the colors, the fun photo, and the personalized note on the back. Sheesh. Gorgeous and I can only imagine how time consuming. Josh jokingly (I think) asked Mifumi if she would make ours FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES.

For everyone who put time and effort into their cards, thank you. :) I cherish each one. 

/ / Past Christmas Card Awards / /
2012
2011

No comments:

Post a Comment