Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Awful Apathetic Olympic Disease


I have been largely absentee regarding the winter Olympics. Sorry about that if you are big into it. It's just anticlimactic for me since I've already read the results on twitter/online before it actually aired.

The other night was the first time I turned it on and although I enjoyed seeing the figure skating pairs my attention span was lackluster at best and I turned it off before Shaun White ate it and failed to medal because, well, because I already knew he didn't win.

Totally sad too since I love the Olympics. Has anyone else caught the awful apathetic Olympic disease?

Instead of spending hours glued to the TV, I've been reading a book that is changing, shaping, and molding my thoughts on motherhood. I thought I had a good base for who I was going to be as a mother, but this book is sharpening and clarifying the why's and the how's. I text Josh a portion of the book and said, "this is who I want to be as a mother". The fear is the inability to attain the goal but the hope is in knowing exactly who you want to be.

Tell you about it soon (along with all of the parenting books we have found helpful)!

No comments:

Post a Comment