Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Back At It...For Now


Admit-ably, I haven't been in the kitchen too much lately. We've been surviving on creative salads, Costco rotisserie chicken, and Trader Joe's frozen food. Bah! I hate admitting that! But the truth is the truth and instead of spending my early evenings cooking, I've been sleeping. You may have thought I had a good excuse for not cooking but no, I don't. Except if you consider a blissful 1-2 hour nap as a good excuse. And luckily for me, Josh does. :)

But yesterday I was inspired because I stumbled across the food blog, Mel's Kitchen Cafe, and proceeded to bookmark 15 of her recipes. You never know how good a food blog is until you've tried a recipe. Today I attempted her Buttermilk Banana Bread (because what is a better barometer of someone's skills than their banana bread) - and it was pretty darn good. Not too much banana and just moist enough.

Tomorrow I'm going to try her White Chicken and Spinach Lasagna. (Look at me go! Burnout probably in my near foreseeable future :p) I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment