Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Smidge of Ink?

That dark rebellious part deep deep down in me has always wanted a tattoo. Okay, maybe not so dark and maybe not so deep. A few things holding me back:

1. The inevitable crust of aging and skin that is no longer tight. Tattoo + Saggy Skin = O So Yucky.
2. The issue of permanence. What would be so worth it that you would have it FOREVER? And what would rank as the most important thing in your life? eeeiii - too much for me to decide.
3. Placement - somewhere not visible to the masses, not shown when wearing a dress or short sleeve, and nothing in the obvious places. Pretty much leaves...nothing. 
4. Typicallessness. Personally (and it's fine if you are) I'm not interested in the normal Kanji, Indian arm band thingy, an R.I.P. for a loved one, something "pretty" i.e. bird, butterfly, or flower. I tend toward something unique to you.

The blog world is currently trending these temporary tattoos. I can't help but get on the bandwagon. The only temporary tattoos I can think of were the kiddy ones in the cracker jack box and the trashy bachelorette ones from your local party store. I've never worked up the nerve and, knowing my chicken self, probably never will bo in the temporary tattoo world I pick this one:
Isn't that cheeky? Sure to be a turn on for all those designers out there. I thought of people I know when looking through them. Kats Aimee Leah Blane Brandon Davy Melissa Luke Mom Josh and Kevin.

But my favorite real ones are these fine point pretties.


(A CUP OF JO)
Do you have a tattoo? What's its story?

No comments:

Post a Comment