Monday, July 25, 2011

The Real Answer

One of my married friends asked recently how I was handling the inevitable question, "How's married life?" It's amazing how many people ask you that. I suppose it is the natural curiosity when you run into someone who is newly married.

This past weekend I saw a lot of people whom I haven't seen in a while. So of course I got that question a lot. I don't mind really. My standard response has been, "it's been fun figuring it out". Married people just get that answer. And that is true, but my real answer, the one that swirls around in my mind, always goes to my little cousins wedding a few years ago. His older brother was his best man and during his toast he said, "Remember to always be a husband that breathes life into your wife, instead of taking it from her." I have a terrible memory but that sound advice has stuck with me.

I often wonder at the end of the day if this day I breathed life into Josh or if I took a little bit from him. You know, you just know the answer to that question even before it hits your lips..

1 comment:

  1. I saw you briefly on Friday before the VBS grand finale, but didn't have time to say hi. I looked for you after VBS, but didn't see you. Hope you had a great week in LA!

    ReplyDelete