Thursday, July 14, 2011

GC 2011

I'm attending the General Conference for the Free Methodist Church this weekend. It happens every four years and is meant to bring the leaders, delegates, and lay people together for some business and some future casting. I must apologize because I was expecting it to be mostly boring and maybe a bit stodgy? Tonight I attended my first night session and it was great. It is so encouraging to see that the leaders in the Free Methodist church are filled with the Holy Spirit. Some generalities is that they seem to love to laugh, are lighthearted but focused, excited to do God's work, and love to praise Jesus. During one of the songs the words said something about lifting your hands - I looked around and everyone was raising their hands. Nice.
We're in good hands. I am encouraged. Jesus Christ, our God and Father, is the head of the church and the entire world. Trust that He has a plan and is in charge of our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment