Monday, July 23, 2012

A Moment's Pause

A slight interruption before continuing on.

Tonight a post on facebook brought me to my knees. It was a simple note to a baseball team from a son who can't come and play because his mom is in her last days losing a battle to cancer. I am not close with this family but have known them my whole life. I served alongside her husband these last few years and so was somewhat privy to the comings and goings of the family. What I do know of the mom is full of nothing but kindness and generosity.

At the same time many of my friends have announced they are getting married or are having beautiful babies.

My sister recently so poignantly noted that God's heart must be both rejoicing and breaking in light of each tragedy and each triumph. This is true in my little world but I know it is also true in yours. I cling to this promise:


"For the Lamb that is in the midst of the throne shall be their shepherd, and shall guide them unto fountains of waters of life: and God shall wipe every tear from their eyes."
Revelation 7:17



No comments:

Post a Comment