Monday, July 23, 2012

A Proper Like Celebration [1 of 3]

This weekend we had tickets to see Les Miserables in San Francisco. What was supposed to be the highlight of the weekend turned into just a piece of it.

On Friday I was texting Josh about Saturday night dinner options in the city and he oddly kept putting me off. He kept asking me to wait till he got home so we could do it together but as each minute ticked on by my worrisome nature increased. 

He came home and leisurely ate dinner and then leisurely read up on some football stuff. He then leisurely went to the bathroom followed by a leisure stroll to the couch. In my version all that took 2 hours but in his all that took 15 minutes. :) You be the judge. -_-

FINALLY 2 hours (or 15 minutes) later he casually asked if we should look at dinner options. I jumped right on that like a moth to a flame and eagerly showed him all my research. He let me go through ALL THAT and then casually said, "So, I have a surprise for you. I booked a room at a little place in Sausalito for Saturday night and made dinner reservations at a place there. Would that work?"

Little Booger. He tricked me.

My mind came to a grinding halt and everything I had imagined for the weekend was rearranging itself in lighting speed (like Bella but after she became a vampire). Apparently Josh decided we were going to celebrate our first anniversary proper-like and togetherTurns out he had not only booked a room but he had planned the entire weekend down to every last itty bitty detail. We ate and hiked and beached here. Ate dinner here. Saw Les Mis here. Stayed here. And then hung out here

All in all a most wonderfully unexpected weekend from a most wonderfully thoughtful guy.

Pics from Saturday morning






P.S. More on Les Mis later. And then Sausalito after that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment