Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Proper Like Celebration [2 of 3]

I love the theater. It stimulates the mind and fires up the imagination.


I know Les Miserables is a classic but neither of us had seen it. Many months ago (before the Great Back Relapse of 2012) we had purchased balcony tickets at a great price since I was interested in seeing something in one of the SF theaters.

Les Mis is a sad story. I thought the set pieces were tired and repetitive but the performers were excellent. My favorite scene is when everyone dies in the revolution. Morbid ya? But It wasn't my favorite because everyone died (hello people. -_-) but how they portrayed their deaths. Beautiful!


The building was just as impressive as the show. It was built in 1926 and the walls and ceiling were just stunning. Unexplainable really. If the worker guy wasn't so bothered with us common folk talking photos during intermission I'd have a shot for you. But alas, he was particularly bothered that night and particularly bothered at me (see what I do for you folks? hehe). So instead I stole a photo from someone else who snuck a photo and posted it on yelp

We sat in the very last seats on the balcony. But because we sat in possibly the worst place in the whole theater, I can say in all authority that the place really doesn't have a bad seat in the house.

The intricate walls

The ceiling centerpiece overlaid in gold

No comments:

Post a Comment