Friday, July 6, 2012

Health Update

While I was running last night I was listening to "Your Love Never Fails" on my ipod and there's a part of the song that says,

the chasm is far too wide
I never thought I'd reach the other side
But your love never fails

I stopped running and the weight of the truth hit me like a ton of bricks. Here I was running. Running! In the middle of the field, with all the other people around, I lifted my arms to the heavens and repeated over and over "your love never fails". I can honestly say there were times when I never thought I'd get better. Six months is and isn't a long time. And although 'six months' just rolls off my tongue now, when we were in the thick of it, it truly felt like an eternity.

Don't get me wrong, the road to recovery is still a ways out. Part of my back is completely immobile because it hasn't moved in a long time. But the good news is the herniated discs seem to have finally slipped back into place. I am working on strengthening my core and hips, and regaining my flexibility. It is our hope all this will help my back to loosen up so I can be free from pain soon.

You must be sick of hearing about my health woes. I'll tell ya, I'm sick of it too. But I wanted to tell you about my revelation of freedom to encourage you in case your chasm feels far too wide. I'm telling you, His love never fails.

1 comment: