Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Peak Into A Special Moment

Today I have a special treat for you. I've asked some of my favorite people to share with us a favorite photo from their wedding. I loved seeing what was so dear to everyone's heart from one of the most memorable days in their lives. Just putting this post together made me all gush inside with feelings of romanticness sprouting about.

Enjoy! *tissue box and "awwws" welcome.

Jordan and Jordan
So many reasons why I love this photo...being held and kissed by my high school sweetheart, dear family, and friends who have been there from the very beginning and who continue to walk with us and a beautiful reminder of God's amazing beauty all around us. - Jordan

more beauties after the break...


Dawn and Jason
This is my favorite picture because it captured the joy of the day. The fact that the photographer didn't show up, that it rained on the outdoor reception, that our's was not a fancy big budget affair, didn't matter to us. Nothing could ruin our perfect day. We were in love then and we still are ten years later. The imperfections of the day are so small compared to all of the blessings He has given us. Being the first of your friends to get married is challenging but I wouldn't change a thing. - Dawn

Anita and Eric
We took a lot of posed photos during our wedding, but we loved this shot because it was us, just being us.  We walked into the reception to "Baby" by Justin Bieber.  It was originally just done to be funny, and as a joke, but it ended up setting the tone for the evening.  It was upbeat and lighthearted, and made everyone laugh.  We chose this photo because it captured the feeling of the whole night: celebratory, joyful, and just.. fun! - Eric

Leah and Sherwin
Love the interior of the hotel and the beautiful drapes, lighting, etc. Love that we are kissing and looking at this picture still makes my heart skip a beat as I remember the exact way I felt at this moment - excited, in love, like a princess who was about to marry her prince...and live happily ever after. - Leah


Carrie and Jeff
I love this photo from our wedding ceremony because it captures a perspective that Jeff and I didn't have as we were standing at the alter.  We can see the rows of family and friends, heads bowed as we're all united in prayer.  It is also significant to me because I was blessed to have all four of my grandparents at my wedding.  Since then, I've lost my paternal grandfather.  The fact that his presence is marked in this image is extremely special. - Carrie

Aimee and Blane
It was a moment to ourselves on that crazy, wonderful day. I love that we're sitting on the random piano, that we're relaxed and happy, that my dress is up because it was hot under there (!), that you can see all the little details that went into each of our outfits (Blane's bow tie, his beloved shoes...), and that we're looking at each other as if we were sharing some secret just between the two of us. This pic captured a special moment on a day that I will never forget. - Aimee

Val and Kats
Val's best day ever. EVER. -Kats

Kristen and Cory
We didn't get a pic of us straight on that both of us look good in but I think this captures what I loved about our wedding... the two of us and the beach! - Kristen

Linda and Erik

I chose this picture because it captures so much emotion...joy, love, tenderness, and almost a relief that the stressful day was done with and we could relax.  It was tough choosing between this and a shot of the two of us at the piano when he serenaded me...but Faith liked this one better...and I liked all the dark hair on your dad! :) - Linda

Brittany and Jacob
My Dad walked me down the aisle but when the pastor asked who was giving me to be with him, all 5 of my brothers walked down the aisle and said "we all do". - Britt

A special thanks to everyone who gave us a peak into your special day. 
Hope you are all now full of love and romanticness :p (Your husband won't know what hit him!) 

1 comment: