Monday, December 17, 2012

"Come to Me"


I have not spoken of the Sandy Hook Tragedy because, frankly, it hurts too much to think about and honestly, what is there really for me to say? Like you, I am heartbroken.

Last night I told myself to suck it up, and I clicked on CNN and went through the pictures. Afterwards, I took a deep breath and listened to Obama's message from the town. He praised the women who died protecting the kids and I was holding it together until he began reciting the names of the little children. I wasn't prepared for that and my heart twisted in my chest.

Charlotte, Daniel, Olivia, Josephine, Ana, Dylan, Madeleine, Catherine, Chase, Jesse, James, Grace, Emilie, Caroline, Jack, Noah, Jessica, Avielle, Benjamin, Allison.

"Let the little children come to me" Jesus said, "and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven."

If you would like to show your love:
Sandy Hook Elementary School
12 Dickenson Drive
Sandy Hook, CT 06482

No comments:

Post a Comment