Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Gift of Giving

This year instead of telling you what I want, I'm going to tell you what we gave. Aren't you curious?

I'm a terrible present giver. I don't like shopping and I never know what to get. Are you like me? Aimee used to do most of my Christmas shopping but now (for most gifts) I'm on my own. EEk! Someone give me a brown paper bag!

Even though we were on a tight budget, I was still happy with each gift we found. Here's a peak into what we bought for Christmas.

1. We spent the most on our parents. They deserve it. We wanted to do it. We made a parent wedding album for them. We didn't buy albums from our wedding photographers so this was the alternative. I loved how they came out. Thick and full of fond memories for them...I hope. :p


2. We made grandparents mini versions of the wedding books.

3. Our nephew got a "Cole's Little Book of Names and Faces" book from Pinhole Press. Brilliant idea really. It's educational, developmental, and the perfect age for him. I had so much fun finding each person's photo. The hardest thing was deciding who made the cut!
4. Also from Pinhole Press, we bought Blane and Aimee a customized magnetic emergency card for their fridge.

5. Melissa got the Starbucks Memories Gift Card. Have you seen it? They are so cute! She doesn't have to use them on me, but I figure I'll get one or two of them. :)

6. Leah and Sherwin was a no brainer. We picked up a Lenox "First Married Christmas" ornament for them. It's fancy looking and reminds me of Leah.



7. Josh picked out a Ben Sherman shirt for his brother (not this one, but you get the idea).



8. And the hardest person for us to find something for this year, Josh's sister, Kylie. I always end up deferring to the gift card (Madewell), and inevitably that's what I ended up doing this year.  -_- It was our worst gift, but the one we spent the most energy on. Go figure.


9. For Sheldon and Kristen, a different "First Christmas" ornament found by, none other than Joshua himself.

10. And lastly, certain families near and dear to us received homemade peppermint bark.

Call me old fashioned, but I love when people love what we gave them. =) So happy that the shoppings done for the year. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment