Monday, December 31, 2012

The Things of 2012 and the Thing for 2013


What a year, eh? Besides the introduction of and the mass popularity of Gangnam style, a lot happened this year. The Curiosity Rover landed on Mars, Obama was reelected to a second term, the Middle East continued the Arab Spring, Linsanity began and ended, the Sandusky fiasco slapped us across the face, the Pussy Riot's painted a grim picture of freedom, Lance Armstrong was stripped of his titles, the Pope began tweeting, London celebrated the Queen's diamond Jubilee and the Princess announced she was pregnant, Hurricane Sandy hit us like a ton of bricks, the Fab Five was labeled, Husain Bolt did it again, and Michael Phelps became the Greatest Olympian of all time.

It was a learning year for me and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Mostly because I ended up on top - and because I am so settled and bizarrely content, I can't even stand it myself. One of my goals last year was to get closer to God (be careful what you ask for, ha!) and I can say in all authority, I did.

(If you're curious, the single most defining moment of my yearthe day that changed all our livesand probably my favorite post of the year.)

As we look to 2013, this is the last thing I want to leave you with in 2012:

Be willing to go out on a limb with Me. If that is where I am leading you, it is the safest place to be. Your desire to live a risk-free life is a form on unbelief. Your longing to live close to Me is at odds with your attempts to minimize risk. You are approaching a crossroads in your journey. In order to follow Me wholeheartedly, you must relinquish your tendency to play it safe. 

Let me lead you step by step through this day. If your primary focus is on Me, you can walk along perilous paths without being afraid. Eventually, you will learn to relax and enjoy the adventure of our journey together. As long as you stay close with Me, My sovereign Presence protects you wherever you go. 

-Jesus Calling, 12/9

We only live once!

No comments:

Post a Comment