Wednesday, December 5, 2012

You Are Beautiful

I saw this article link over at A Cup of Jo and it made an impression on me. It's called, "I've started telling my daughters I'm beautiful". Here's an excerpt:

I don't want my girls to be children who are perfect and then, when they start to feel like women, they remember how I thought of myself as ugly and so they will be ugly too. They will get older and their breasts will lose their shape and they will hate their bodies, because that's what women do. That's what mommy did. I want them to become women who remember me modeling impossible beauty. Modeling beauty in the face of a mean world, a scary world, a world where we don't know what to make of ourselves.

I am surrounded by mommies and soon-to-be-mommies and much of my heart is with them, rooting them on, and all the while they are teaching me important lessons for the future.  Josh and I aren't trying for a tot right now but, one day, when we do have kids I don't want to be the self deprecating person I often find myself to be.

And along the same lines, a great post from Aimee.

Have a beautiful Wednesday friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment