Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Call Me Crazy

Call us crazy (or incredibly smart) but Josh and I used our Christmas money to purchase emergency supplies. I grew up hiding behind the couch while my mom watched America's Most Wanted and then would secretly read her True Crime novels late into the night. This, coupled with my vivid imagination, has lead to a life of suspicion and 'over the shoulder' glances.

Case in point, I once told my father-in-law I wanted a few gas masks "just in case". I was not kidding.

So when Josh jokingly told me I was like these crazy people from this blog called, Modern Survival Blog, I latched on like a greedy cat. I was shocked (with hints of validation) at the extremities - nuclear radiation over Washington DC? Check. Terrorist cells targeting power and water supplies? Check. Training for zombie apocalypse? Yessss.

Here's what we bought (with heavy input from my rational husband):

 


I'm still advocating for those gas masks, but I think this is a good start for now. ;)

Are YOU ready for the next natural disaster?


P.S. This week on the blog - our Annual Christmas Card Awards!



1 comment:

  1. I was JUST telling Blane that we needed to get some emergency supplies the other day! You guys don't live close enough for us to mooch off yours ;)

    ReplyDelete