Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Baby News and the Reactions

These past few weeks have been a slew of telling people the news. Being that I'm up north, each time I knew one was happening I'd be waiting on pins and needles to hear how they reacted. Oddly, people responded differently than I would have thought. Here's my sum up. 

The parentals. If you know Blane's parents you would also expect a full on excited cryfest/gibbering excitement/crazy to ensue. I think it had to sink in a little bit because although they are now exactly what I figured they'd be like, their initial lack of response surprised me. Don't worry, they've made up for it since. 

My mom and dad, who I was also super excited to hear the news, surprised me. They too were excited but more calm that I was expecting. I mean, since the engagements my mom hasn't stopped talking about her third seat in the car which is "reserved for my grandchildren". I found out later that they had already suspected. My dad even stopped my mom from calling me the night before to find out if that's why they were invited to lunch. -__-. Thank goodness dad stopped her. That woman! Ever the sleuth. :)

There were your obvious criers - Melissa, Rianna, Denise, and Linda (and perpetual hugger). The "I'm shocked" group - Grace, Pat, and my MIL (don't worry mom it's not me!) :p. The non-responders - Josh "oh, cool" and my grandma "Oh that's nice.....so how's the weather?" (seriously) and Blake.

And the happy - most everyone else and every girl and boy in the youth group. You'd think they were having a baby. And, you know what? It's kinda like they are. This baby will be loved on, smothered, followed, fed, protected, and cherished by this group of kids - 75 older brothers and sisters. Yikes! Can you imagine?

I think I've been more excited than Aimee. :/ But that's okay, she'll catch up. :) 

Do you aunties have any advice for me? I'm all ears..

No comments:

Post a Comment