Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Post Grad Learning

For Christmas, Josh and I were given a Canon Rebel T3i. Needless to say I was over the moon. But I've been scared to take the dial off the auto mode because, frankly, there are so many buttons and settings..and buttons and settings...and more buttons and settings.

We've read through the little handbook and tried out "techniques" but I just couldn't wrap my head around all the different photo term thingys. I just about gave in to the fact that I'd need to take an Photography 101 class at the local community college when I stumbled upon this.

Kevin and Amanda used simple words and examples to help me differentiate between ISO, aperture, exposure, and shutter priority. Granted there is about a whole semester's worth of information in one blog post but I figure if I work through it slowly, and stop often to practice, I may get the hang of it. So that one day I may be able to do this.

So please bear with me with on all the food shots and the random photos. I'm determined to learn new things even though I'm post grad school. What's cool is the older you get, the more specific your learning becomes, and the more interesting it can be because you get to chose the area of study. Ok enough retrospective thought, off to prepare dinner!

P.S. I'm on the hunt for a great camera bag. I ran across thisthis, and this but if you know of anything (that's cute please and maybe a bit cheaper) then help a sister out. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment