Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Adventure of Lewis and Clark and Sacajawea

I forgot to tell you about last Saturday in The City (it's actual nickname if you did not know) with Josh (aka Clark) and Melissa (aka Sacajawea). Sorry it's coming to you so late, I'm all out of wack this week. Bear with me it's worth it. =)

Randomly we decided to grab some dim sum because apparently Josh has never been. What the..? I know, I was shocked too. PLUS, I had a bona fide Chinese with me. You can't go to dim sum without one. Holla if you know what I'm talking about!

Melissa's friends all recommended Mayflower so we headed on over. My initial thought was that it wasn't authentic because they didn't have the carts pushing the food around like I'm used to. But Melissa kindly informed me that even in Hong Kong many of the dim sum restaurants don't have that. Put back in my place! :p
 Besides, if you walk in and there's your typical seafood chillin in old looking water, you know it's authentic. 
See that white lady? I was happy to see her because it meant that they were "white friendly". (Are you feeling like we're in another era?) But if you know what I mean, then you know what I mean.
 But they were in fact nice to outsiders. Their menu even had english sub titles! 
But what got me, in the end, was the food. Man oh man, was it good. Mouth watering, eye rolling type of good. And I'm going to say it..better than LA. Yup, I went there people.



 And even though they were a bit gruff, they were also nicer than the peeps in Los Angeles. 
We had to do some sightseeing and walk it off so we drove over to check out the Presidio. I didn't know what to expect, but it was expansive and beautiful. Even the drive in was breath-taking. 
Apparently the Presidio is an old army post. It still looks like one but it's been kept up and is absolutely stunning. Now they have a beautiful chapel, national cemetery, housing, a YMCA, museums, and more on this property. It is wonderful and I recommend it to everyone. 
They even have a Walt Disney Museum on their campus where we got a glimpse of all their Emmy's, Oscar's, and awards.
I wanted to get that amazing shot of the Golden Gate Bridge but this was as close as we got. It was such a beautiful weather-perfect day that it was quite crowded. This was taken from the car after Josh kindly rolled his window down. =) Eh, we've seen it before. :p
Driving through the Presidio on the other side we found the photo we were looking for. Isn't she gorgeous?
 Afterwards we drove through the Castro district to get to a coffee house that Melissa raved about. And we would have done more but my back had been pushed a little too far. 
That's okay though, my quest to get a clear understanding of the City was made a little bit more clearer. And all thanks to Clark and Sacajewea for going on this adventure with me. =)

In a second, I'll share with you my favorite part of the whole weekend. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment