Monday, February 20, 2012

The Green Light

I have once again snuck out of bed because I couldn't sleep. I have news that I've been bursting to share with you but hadn't yet been given the green light. But just today, FINALLY, sweet sweet FINALLY, I have been set free.

My friends, come August, I am going to be an Auntie and Josh is going to be an Uncle.

Yes, it's true! Yesterday at church Aimee and Blane announced they are expecting. Aimee is fine. She had a rough go throughout January but she is more on the upside now than the down. She is just about thirteen weeks and out of the obligatory "don't tell anyone just in case" stage. They are excited and nervous and Aimee is dealing with being a private person in a very public stage of life (example - she texted family the news instead of calling). Her love language is not touch but today I watched as seemingly everyone reached in to touch her tiny tiny belly. And so it begins.

Someone recently asked me why Josh and I have been going down to So Cal now that the weddings were over. The REAL answer that I wanted to scream from the top of my lungs was MY SISTER IS PREGNANT!!!! but instead I managed to shrug my shoulders and add, "you know.." As if they knew how it was. Somehow that answer always made sense and I was let off the hook.

I'm sorry I have been spotty. It's just that my thoughts and joy have been centered on something I couldn't share so I've been laggy. Apologies all around. I hope you understand. I was also scheming to have the cutest picture and the best post about it all but really I'm much too impatient and opted instead to just blabitalloutinastringofincoherency. :)

I'm excited for many things. Eeek, I just can't tell ya! But for now my prayer is for a healthy Aimee, a healthy baby, and for this child to love Jesus more than anything.

Here we go...all together now.

4 comments:

  1. Our most hearty and happy congratulations to aimee and blane! God bless the fetus or fetuses, (only God knows how many are in there!) Love, celia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Celia! I never thought about more than one... haha. They'd sure have their hands full. :)

    ReplyDelete