Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Best for Last

The Grammy's and the Oscars are my favorite award shows. This year I missed the Oscars because Josh and I were on the 5 just about passing Paso Robles and heading north fast when it came to an end. So of course I relied on my trusty friends to text me their best dressed, most memorable Billy Crystal moments, the new stuff, and touching acceptance speeches.

I perused the Red Carpet at length. I must say, in my humble opinion it was the best dressed awards show of the year. It seemed everyone upped the anty (or shelled out more for the better stylists). Outfits seemed fitted and everyone so pulled together from head to toe. It was shiny and pretty and well, I like shiny and pretty.

My top four (and 1/2):
Michelle Williams, the ruffles, material, the fit, the shiny pin, and the pixie - just perfect.
I know Octavia announced to the world she's getting a boob job after awards season, but I must say - she looked all prim, proper, put together, and looking like she didn't need any surgery whatsoever. So pretty!
Emma Stone just looked fabulous without appearing like it took too much work. Plus I thought her little bit was funny. Oftentimes those little speeches bomb but she pulled it off like a pro.
I never think Guiliana Rancic looks good on the red carpet so I was amazed when I saw her! The red lips,  subdued hair, and that stunning dress. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!
 And I didn't like Stacy's ensemble when she was by herself. Seemed a bit much or something...
But when she stood with Clooney I thought she looked like the perfect arm candy/man jewelry and her whole thing just began to work for me. Do you think so too?
There were many others this year but a slow internet and a long drive are only letting me bring you my idea of the cream of the crop.

Until next year RC's. :) Thanks for the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment